Experienced Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Attorney

Talk to a Construction Accident Lawyer about Compensation for Your Injuries

If you or a loved one has been injured on a construction site, say by a falling object, equipment malfunction, toxic exposure, or scaffolding fall, or you have burns, loss of eyesight or hearing, repetitive motion injury from jackhammer use, or any other job site injury, you may have a right to bring a claim or lawsuit to seek supplemental compensation for your pain and suffering in addition to any workers’ compensation benefits you and your family are entitled to receive.

Workplace Negligence and Personal Injury Claims

As a general rule you can’t sue your employer. Other subcontractors and the general contractor on the job site may be liable for your injuries. A personal injury claim is intended to provide the additional monetary compensation needed to cover all of the losses suffered due to the negligence of others on the jobsite including damages for pain and suffering, compensation for your past and future medical bills, rehabilitation and lost wages (past and future).

Will Workers’ Compensation Cover All My Construction Injuries?

Workers’ compensation laws allow for very basic compensation to an injured worker but do not provide compensation for the effects of an injury on a worker, often referred to as pain and suffering or noneconomic damages, or impairment in future earning capacity.

The Law Offices of Patrick J. Filan P.C. handles the full array of workplace negligence lawsuits including:

  • Construction site injuries
  • Scaffolding accidents
  • Falls on the jobsite
  • Injuries caused by a failure to provide safety devices

Hire A Lawyer Familiar with Construction Accident Claims In Connecticut And New York

Attorney Patrick J. Filan is familiar with the laws and regulations of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the state laws of Connecticut and New York. He works with a select network of expert witnesses to prepare strong and compelling cases on behalf of clients. If you’ve been injured on construction site, contact attorney Patrick Filan for a free consultation. He will advise you of your rights and legal options at no cost. Call his office in White Plains at 203-349-8074 or send him an email to initiate a consultation.